About devolo AG
devolo creates stable, secure connections in places where data communication was previously not possible. Our products and solutions set the pace for digital transformation. It all began in 2002 with products for household customers and the question: Why is there often no connection right where it is needed?
The answer from devolo has redefined home networking and created the basis for our unique success story. With dLAN, devolo has created a technology ready for the mass market, which transforms existing cabling into network cables, transporting data packets everywhere. dLAN Powerline technology has been internationally renowned as "Internet from the electrical socket"; there are now about 33 million dLAN adapters in use by customers.
Building upon our Powerline expertise, we have evolved into a specialist for networking solutions which provide a smart combination of wired and wireless technologies. Our product line now includes not only Powerline products, but also high-performance WiFi and optical fibre solutions as well as a modular smart home platform. devolo customers include residential users as well as international telecommunications companies, Internet service providers and utility companies.
To provide optimum support to all customer groups, devolo is divided into four business units: devolo Consumer Business, devolo Business Solutions, devolo Operator Solutions and devolo Smart Grid. Our company employs 300 colleagues, the majority of them work in Aachen, Germany, where devolo was founded in 2002 by our CEO Heiko Harbers.
- devolo enters the smart home market and launches the new product portfolio devolo Home Control
- devolo launches the first dLAN adapter with 1200 Mbps
- First Smart Grid field tests with energy providers for the intelligent control on energy grids
- Market launch of dLAN® 500 WiFi – the end of all Wi-Fi problems
- Founding of devolo Benelux bvba
- devolo celebrates 10-year anniversary
- Founding of devolo France SARL, devolo Austria GmbH, devolo UK Ltd.
- Market launch of the dLAN® 500 AV product line
- devolo breaks new powerline record: over 10 million dLAN® adapters shipped
- Founding of devolo Asia Ltd. and devolo Schweiz GmbH
- Launch of dLAN® TV Sat 1300-HD
- devolo is world market leader
- Move into a new company building
- In-Stat study: devolo confirmed as global market leader in Powerline technology
- dLAN® 200 AVplus – the first product with integrated power outlet and mains filter
- devolo AG with global innovation Powerline DVB-S – dLAN® TV Sat
- Data encryption at the touch of a button: devolo dLAN® 200 AVeasy
- Introduction of dLAN® business solutions
- Introduction of Powerline adapters with 200 Mbps
- World's first MicroLink dLAN® high-speed adapter with 85 Mbps
- devolo connects the computer and Hi-Fi system
- Development of a Europe-wide sales organisation
- Market launch of powerline products
- devolo AG was founded
GreenTec Award 2016 for the project „ENERGIE“ (on behalf of consortium)
funkschau reader‘s voting 2016, category M2M solutions
Chip reader‘s voting 2016/2017, category Smart Home
Nominiation for „AC²-Innovation Award Aachen Region 2016“
Shop Usability Award
Shop Usability Award 2015, category best branded shop
n-tv Hidden Champion
n-tv Hidden Champion Award 2015
Interlink science and business, support the technology region Aachen: We show commitment.
REGINA sparks a dialogue between local ICT businesses, research facilities and institutions of education.
digitalHUB Aachen e.V.
digitalHUB Aachen e. V. helps to make the region fit for the future and supports the digitization of the local economy.
devolo is voluntarily involved in the work of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Aachen.
We take responsibility – as a company and as a corporate citizen
devolo does good
Small contributions with great effect: With „devolo does good“ we regularly support associations, sports clubs and social services in our home region.
Our focus particularly is on supporting children and adolescents. In 2016 alone, we donated 10.000 Euros to 18 projects and activities.
What’s special: Ideas and suggestions for the fundings are created by devolo employees.
EcoVadis CSR rating: more security for our partners
Our partners more and more think beyond figures. They place special emphasis on sustainability and fairness.
The EcoVadis rating verifies, devolo meets key criteria in the area of environmentalism, social awareness, ethics and supply chain management – thus giving our partners more security.
The EcoVadis methodology is based on international CSR standards, such as the Global Reporting Initiative, the United Nations Global Compact or ISO 26000.
Save energy, conserve resources
- devolo is committed to sustainable development and production, to saving energy and conserving resources - because thinking entrepreneurial also means taking responsibility in this area.
- devolo products with the „highly recyclable“ seal consist of recycled material to a large extent. Products sold in our web shop are send CO2-neutral with DHL GoGreen
- Approximately a quarter of the electricity we consume is produced by our own photovoltaic system. Our PowerSave technology notes, if the computer which is connected to our powerline adapter is turned on or off and automatically adapts the operating state - thus saving up to 90 percent energy.
The devolo experts are glad to answer your questions by phone at +44 0203 0241 838
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.